Thursday, July 23, 2009

Making of a Z tuna seiner





















It was days since last time I have posted something. Well here is something , some of us experienced and some never took to hart. When I was in Jurong in Singapoore in Singmarine , I thought to it is no worst place for one human to be. Next to us was one of at that time Soviet Union Zverey boat or as we will translate boat that cary hunters for snow fox, sea mamals and such animals hunting on ice bergs.
We were living in hotel,having meals there and Ruskis were staying on their ship in dry dock. We have AC in the kabin, they didnt.
Whom ewer has been in tropics he knows how hot Singapore can be.
Hot, humid,almost permanent overcast and sun under the clouds. One day they come on our ship and we give them the tour.
First thing they saw was chapel in passage . They asked:" Is it realy there , and all can used freely?" Ve offered them to pray, and were about to leave. Others sayd at that time to they must ask for permission from political officer.
But enough about this place. I dont know in which shipyard she was repaired but you mut know after you see pictures.

15 comments:

  1. Ivan, these boat seems one of the former mexican boats, which one? One of them was Centauro del Norte, do not recall the other boat's name I remember seeing in the Ensenada bay in the anchorage, after Z company refit the boat in Singapore which name they assigned her?
    BTW, I spend couple of times in Singmarine back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Calidro
    One was Milagros Z and other one was assigned name Chloe Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the other one with blue boe all I can read is del Mar begining looks like EDU........del Mar.
    Possibility is to Kassandra Z is instead of Milagros Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ese azul es el bruja del mar,de ensenada mexico,se vendio para centro america,actual pacific tuna

      Delete
  4. On the other one with blue bow....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Calidro I might be able to get some real history. Black and white movie of pole fishing and also from Croatia.
    How do you post that? Plesase send me detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Third ship name was El Audaz. So now we have to figure out which one is which;
    1- Milagros Z.....=E..du.. del Mar
    2. Chloe Z........=El Audaz
    3. Kassandra Z....=Cantauro del Norte

    ReplyDelete
  7. I apologize to all of you that follow my blog, looks like to pictures were mixed up I didnt see that before enhancing.
    Again I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Milagros Z was former Coopeatun II, I guess you have a more accurate list of the Z company boats than anybody

    ReplyDelete
  10. "On the other one with blue boe all I can read is del Mar begining looks like EDU........del Mar.
    Possibility is to Kassandra Z is instead of Milagros Z."

    You are right Ivan that one I think was Kasandra and the name now I recall was Bruja del Mar, means like Sea Witch, pretty name uhh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy do some people find the names for ships, when on ourz somebody just whistle or mentioned whiches, skipper will get crazy, send us with bags of salt all over the vessel and eck bos to hang fresh garlic on the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's true, sometimes they get crazy regarding superstition,let's say whistling, sweep by night, etc I used to work with a croatian captain ( Seselja) back in the 70's our chief engineer brought his wife to the fishing trip, captain was no really happy with that, and believe me, we almost sunk the boat, once the lady left the boat Seselja, our captain bring a bottle with blessed water to sprinkle all over the boat.

    No to mention the abundance of garlic onboard

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup , you are right, but I have filling to one day before seining close doors will see first female skipper. I just wonder whom will man the ship.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is 3 in the morning time when I will get up for palo set. Well now is the time to go in the bed. Ill be back in about 5 hrs. Buenas noches amigos, and Buenas dias at your side.

    ReplyDelete